Hope you're all enjoying a happy holiday season! A new year is coming and with it, a chance for new beginnings, new goals, and new friendships. If you enjoy handwritten correspondence with like-minded women, The Victorian Letter Writers Guild may be for you. Follow the instructions below to be matched up with a pen friend and start the new year right!
Signups close January 18. I will assign partners during the week after.
Here's what you need to know:
- While we are very happy to fellowship with all humankind on this site, this particular exchange is for ladies only. If someone would like to organize a mixed-gender exchange, please do so and let me know so I can give you a shout-out here!
- This is an international exchange but introductory letters must be written in English. (If you and your partner decide to write in a more familiar language privately, that is fine.)
- A minimum of one letter to your partner is required. If you decide to continue the correspondence after that, wonderful!
- I am not responsible for "flakers", but anyone who does not keep their commitment will not be included in further exchanges.
- Privacy Statement: Your information will only be given to your assigned pen friend. I will not use it for any kind of advertising, marketing, or other commercial purposes, nor will I publish it in any form. There is no fee to join the Guild---it's strictly for fun and fellowship. I will add your email to a list for my own purposes and will only send emails regarding the pen friend exchange or other Guild activities I think you might be interested in, such as giveaways or letter writing challenges. I will not add you to my blog subscription list but there is a link on the sidebar to do so if you wish.
Are you ready for a new pen friend? Copy and paste the answers to the following questions in an email and send it to: email@example.com. (PLEASE TYPE THEM into an email, rather than send in a separate document or take a photo of your answers. I need to be able to easily and quickly transfer your information to your partner as this is a very big group and a very big task.)
*Please note: I can only read and write English.
Please send your application in English. Thank you!
Pen Friend Sign Up Questions
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
First and Last Name
Full Mailing Address including zip code and country
What is your age group?
Do you have a preferred age group to correspond with?
Do you prefer a pen friend from your own country, a specific country, or is any country fine? (Please note, this can not always be fulfilled according to your wishes. Long time members have priority here.)
List some of your hobbies and interests.
What interests you about the Victorian Letter Writers Guild?
How did you learn about the Guild? (If you were referred by someone, please let me know her name so I don't match the two of you as new pen friends!)
(Optional) What is your Instagram username? (Some members like to follow one another...not at all required.)