If you enjoy handwritten correspondence with like-minded women, The Victorian Letter Writers Guild may be for you! The VLWG is a group of ladies who prefer meaningful and regular communication through personal and cheerful letters. Therefore, each application will be reviewed and decided upon based on criteria that ensures this sort of experience. If you would like to be considered for the Victorian Letter Writers Guild, please answer the questions below very thoroughly and thoughtfully. Membership is open but limited. I host group exchanges, as well as quarterly individual pen friend swaps. You will be notified by email if your application has been accepted.
Here's what you need to know:
- While we are very happy to fellowship with all humankind on this site, this particular exchange is for ladies only. If someone would like to organize a mixed-gender exchange, please do so and let me know so I can give you a shout-out here!
- This is an international exchange but introductory letters must be written in English. (If you and your partner decide to write in a more familiar language privately, that is fine.)
- A minimum of one letter to your partner is required for the individual pen friend exchanges. If you decide to continue the correspondence after that, wonderful! If not, please be so kind to let her know so she's not wondering what happened to you.
- I am not responsible for "flakers", but anyone who does not keep their commitment will not be included in further exchanges.
- Guild membership is $10 USD per year. You will be notified the month before your yearly subscription ends so you can stay up to date on all we're doing within the Guild.
- Privacy Statement: Your information will only be given to your assigned pen friend. I will not share it for any kind of advertising, marketing, or other commercial purposes, nor will I publish it in any form. I will add your email to a list for my own purposes and will only send emails regarding the pen friend exchange or other Guild activities I think you might be interested in, such as giveaways, shop specials, Guild news, or letter writing challenges.
- Guild membership is a privilege that will be revoked immediately without refund should you choose to engage in nefarious behaviors such as harassing or soliciting members, selling or otherwise misusing the personal information of another, or posing or pretending to be someone you're not (this is not the place for deceptive role playing). By completing the application below, you are stating that you agree to abide by these rules should your membership be accepted.
Are you ready to apply for membership? Copy and paste the answers to the following questions in an email and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (PLEASE TYPE THEM into an email, no Google Docs, no photos of your answers, no attachments. I need to be able to easily and quickly transfer your information to your partner as this is a very big group and a very big task.)
*Please note: I can only read and write English.
Please send your application in English. Thank you!
Also be aware that, barring any issues with language barriers, applications that ignore the requests above will be ignored. Thank you for respecting my time!
Send to email@example.com
First and Last Name
(this is a WOMEN ONLY exchange)
Full Mailing Address including zip code and country
What is your age group?
Do you have a preferred age group to correspond with?
Do you prefer a pen friend from your own country or is any country fine? (Please note, this can not always be fulfilled according to your wishes. Long time members have priority here and most new US members will not receive an international pen friend their first round.)
List some of your hobbies and interests. Here is a good place to tell me a little about yourself. Some people also like to let me know about their family structure, religious preference, etc. Any information you give helps me match you with a like-minded pen friend.
Please list any locations/lifestyles/personality traits you would NOT like to be matched up with.
What interests you about the Victorian Letter Writers Guild?
How did you learn about the Guild? (If you were referred by someone, please let me know her name so I don't match the two of you as new pen friends!)
(Optional) What is your Instagram username? (I like to follow members on Instagram for inspiration... this is not at all required.)